Mr. E. Barnes has extensive experience in the field of mechanical drafting and design technology.
1. Describe a project that was particularly challenging. What was challenging about it? What was the solution and what results did you achieve?
A. I designed a hat box to accommodate different sizes in Solidworks. The maximum lip dimensions were put into an Excel spreadsheet and I was given an image to trace. By accident the box also turned out to be suitable to be converted to fit a Star Vader helmet.
B. I designed a SAM – sniffer (sensor) in 3D AutoCad. It is a detector for a dirty radiation bomb.
2. Which CAD software programs do you find the most useful for the kind of work that you do?
I use AutoCad for 2D work, and SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Pro/E, Creo for 3D.
3. What are the pros and cons of the various CAD software programs that you use?
I keep up to date with software by practicing
4. How do you keep yourself up-to-date with the various developments in your field of work?
I do everything myself. I don’t feel comfortable giving work to someone else because it may not turn out to be correct. I would rather make and correct my own mistakes.
5. Which new skills have you acquired in the past year? What new skills do you plan to acquire in the future?
Vew My Samples